CIE Small Business Development Center
The Cal Poly CIE Small Business Development Center (SBDC) promotes the development of technology-focused ventures by providing high-quality business assistance to start-ups and established companies. We help entrepreneurs launch companies, create and retain jobs, and attract capital investment.
All services provided through the SBDC are offered at no cost and are strictly confidential.
With a specific focus on high growth and technology business opportunities, the SBDC helps develop businesses by utilizing:
- Consulting: Experienced consultants offering free and confidential services.
- Workshops: Practical, cutting-edge workshops that inspire innovation.
- Office Hours: Open office hours for confidential walk-in expert consultation.
- Environment: An environment filled with entrepreneurial spirit and support.
We offer a wide variety of general business consulting services such as:
- Basic Operations
- Business Model Development and Business Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Access to Capital (SBA Loans)
- Human Resources
We also offer Technical Assistance in areas such as:
- Technology Transfer and Commercialization
- Research & Development Funding from SBIR and STTR grants
- Intellectual Property Issues
- Alternative Financing (Crowdfunding, Angel/VC Funding)
- Technology Networking and Resource Identification
- Prototype Development
The SBDC is dedicated to helping existing and new businesses grow and prosper. To take advantage of our services today, go to sbdc.calpoly.edu